- It's Me (And I'm Ready To Go)
Words & Music by Chris de Burgh
Intro: Dm - Gm7 - F/A - Bbadd9 - A/C (?) - Dm - F/C - G/B - Bbadd9
- The autumn leaves were falling
- On those old cathedral walls,
- There were candles in the darkness,
- Singing in the choir,
- And reading out the names,
- Of all the ones who've gone before,
- Well I could tell that you were thinking,
- About the meaning of it all.
- And you said to me "Who will open up my eyes,
- To the wonder and the glory, and the stars in the
- And you said to me
- "For this road I'm travelling on,
- C Bb Csus4 - C Bb
- I need someone beside me forever, who?
Csus4 - C A7
- And I said, "It's me, and I'm ready to go,______
ready to show
- That I'll never let you down.
- And I want you to know, that this power will grow,
- Every day, every beat of my heart,
- Am7 - Dm
- Forever, forever...
- We went down to the river,
And we found a small cafe,
They say that over in the corner
Sat the writer Ernest Hemmingway
And here he made his story of the lovers in the war,
And through it all they stayed together till the rain had to fall,
- And you said to me, "Who will be the one
Who will teach me, with conviction all the ways of the heart?"
And you said to me
"On this journey of my life,
I need someone to love me forever, who? Who?"
- And I said listen:
"It's me, and I'm ready to go,
Ready to show, that I'll never let you down.
And I want you to know, that this power will grow,
Every day every beat of my heart,
I love you, I love you,
- F/A Gm7 F - Gm7 - C - A7
Dm F/C Bbsusē
- And I'll never let you down,
- And I want you to know that this power will grow,
- Every day every beat of my heart,
Forever, I love you, forever...
All chords without any
- Any comments? Improvements? Please email me!