- Much More Than This
Words & Music by Chris de Burgh
- Sometimes the man in me gets restless,
- I need to get away from you,
- And spend some time with someone that I knew,
- Just to see here for a night,
- And in the candlelight,
- To talk and remember early days;
Sometimes the woman in you's uneasy,
I can see it in your eyes,
Just like me you need to know
Can you still fly,
Can you still arouse the passions
Of another man,
And if you carry it through, what would I do?
- It would take much more than this
- To break a love so long in the making,
- It would take much more than talk or dreams
D/A - A
- To shake so strong a foundation -
more than this;
Sometimes the man in me gets lonely,
When I am away from you,
And in the darkness of another hotel room,
If there's someone in the night saying
"It's gonna be alright" to ease away the pain of missing you,
A Dm -
Bb - Gm - A
- What can I do?
It would take much more than this
To break a love so long in the making,
It would take much more than talk or dreams
To shake so strong a foundation - more than this...
- All chords without any guarantee...
- Any comments? Improvements? Please email me!